Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Commitment (AGAIN!)

I made what I hope is my last and final commitment to losing weight yesterday. I became a patient at the Medi Weightloss Clinic. I have resisted the urge for so long to use medication and supplements to lose weight but after 10+ years of battling, I decided it was time to use modern medicine for support. I checked it out by talking to a current patient, on line etc. and really feel this is the way to go. I feel things have come a long way since the Fen-Phen debacle in the 90s. I had seen lots of friends and coworkers lose weight on that program and then came out the scare that the Fen part caused cardiac issues. The people I knew that were on it all lost scads of weight but as soon as they stopped the program, they gained it all back again. That was always my fear with the medication assisted weight loss but really how different can it be than going on a diet, losing weight and then gaining back when you go off the diet. So, I thought I would commit to first losing the weight and then worry about keeping it off when I get to my goal weight.

I started this blog as a way of journaling through my experiences and hopefully be another tool to keep me on track. I will be back in later posts to post some history about my weighty life.
See the picture above...that is me holding my Christmas present from my parents...a ticket to see the show Jersey Boys at the local performing arts hall on March 7....I hope to be able to wear a really cute outfit that night and hopefully it will be 2 sizes smaller than what I wear now. That is a good before picture, the double chin, the roll under my shirt, my huge thighs and arms...yup I hope not to look or feel that way again.
8:30 am...Breakfast a yummy egg white omelet and with 2 oz of deli turkey and 1/2 oz of shredded cheese, coffee with Splenda and 2 tablespoons of half and half. yummm a perfect no carb breakfast. Of course, there was the pill and the supplements...Gotta remember to drink water. 205 calories.
2:30 PM .... 3 ounces of beef tenderloin. It was good but not enough. Felt hungry even after taking my pill and supplement. 165 Calories
7:30 PM ... Another lovely 3 ounces of beef tenderloin. Went just above calorie range for the day but nutritionist said it would be okay to go a little over to 525 calories although today I think I was actually 574 because I did have another cup of coffee with half and half because I felt I needed a treat since the meat was from the very end of the tenderloin left, there was a little gristle and I had to spit some out (attractive, I know).

1 comment:

  1. I followed you link to this blog too. This is funny, my MIL gave me a ticket to see Mama Mia, also in March. I think that would be a goal goal date to be able to see some changes in my own clothing. I started another blog too about our goal of healthy eating and frugal living. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete