Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birthday Weekend and Chocolate




















The four of us (Steven, Carrie, Me and Stan) posing together at my parent's house after the "chocolate gala"

Saturday was my birthday and I let loose a little on Saturday to celebrate. We went to a fundraiser for the Alvin A. Dubin Alzheimer's Resource Center of which Stan is on their board. It featured a buffet of hor's d'oeuvres, chocolate tasting, live and silent auction. The theme for the night was Pirates and Pearls. Unfortunately, I did not get my picture taken with the Captain Jack Sparrow look alike. I enjoyed a little chilled shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops and then headed for the chocolate. The chocolate purveyors were there sampling their chocolate creations for everyone to sample and then vote on their favorite. I did not take any of the cakes but I did try a forkful off Carrie's and Steven's pieces. There was one vendor Irresistible Confections with some chocolate candies and something they called "sipping chocolate" which was dark chocolate mixed with Cabernet wine. Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. It was so delicious. I poured some in one of the little sampling cups and brought it back to the table took my sip and then and passed it around to the family. I did of course have to try one more that I kept for myself. It was warm and decadent; almost like sipping hot fudge. Well that was it for the chocolate I had my fill and put all my plastic gold coins that we were given for voting into the basket for Irresistible Confections and, of course, they did win the award for the best chocolate of the night. The kids liked them so much they got Grampy to bid on a Chocolate Party for 2 offered by the same company during the live auction. Grampy won so the kids get their chocolate party. I of course got something for my birthday that Stan bought through the live auction also. It is a 10 karat white gold bracelet with 2 k diamonds. It is gorgeous. We also won somethings in the silent auction as well and all the money goes to a good cause.

Four months on Medi-Weightloss program and 38 pounds lost, I really enjoyed the way I felt in my dress and I did not feel guilty enjoying a little chocolate and wine. My strategy now is to go back on protein only for a couple of days and see what happens at my weigh-in on Tuesday. I'm not expecting anything big but I do not expect to have gained. The chocolate definitely kicked me out of ketosis and that is why I want to just do protein to get back into ketosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment