Thursday, May 6, 2010



I am no longer afraid of my dryer. You know that Cheerios commercial where the 2 ladies are in the laundromat and the one loading stuff in the dryer asks the other for more quarters because she is trying to shrink her clothes in the dryer because she lost weight eating whole grains? I am putting clothes in the dryer that I was afraid to put in the dryer before because I didn't want them to shrink. I have a few things now that are a little too big for me that I am putting in the dryer hoping they will shrink just a little. I even threw in some of my new size things not worrying about if they shrink a little or not. Crazy thing to think about but since I spent so much of my life being heavy and bouncing up and down between 170 and 180 pounds, I never knew how things were going to fit and feel if I washed them and put them in the drier. I love being able to shop and look at a smaller size that I thought I would never see again and don't even remember being. I am a very happy camper despite my 0.2 pound weight gain this week. It was because I was retaining water. Thanks to the wonderful computerized scale at Medi, it told me that my water weight was up and my fat weight was actually down but because I was retaining water my net weight was actually up. Oh well...I did start what I call jog walking this week. That is where I warm up with a 10 minute walk and then for 10 minutes, I alternate walking and jogging between telephone poles. The last 10 minutes is power walking into my cool down. I have done that 3 times already this week. Also, according to Yancy, the counselor I met with at Medi this week, I have to drink more water. Since it is warmer out and I am exercising, I have to drink plenty of water to help relieve the water retention. So, we will see what happens on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY agree!!! I have always held my breath to see how clothes come out of the dryer (mainly pants) and even still I hold my breath with my new clothes. Well this weekend I took my skinny jeans out of the dryer size 5/6 and knew they probably had shrunk and was like Oh lord here we go.. Well I just slipped them on and wallla! they fit perfectly.. See ya later dryer shrinking fears hahah. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete