Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weigh In Tomorrow

I moved my weigh-in this week to Thursday. Tuesday was kind of hectic with work and other things so I changed the appointment. Of course, it had nothing to do with the fact that according to my scale at home, my weight would have stayed the same as last week. I don't think 2 days will make a difference but I have pretty much made up my mind that after the weigh-in tomorrow, I will ask to go on maintenance. I am very happy to have lost 38 pounds and have gone from a size 12/14 to a size 6. My goal was to wear a smaller size and I have exceeded that expectation as I thought I would at best get to a 10 or at least an 8. My other goals besides the weight were also to get my BMI into the normal range and to get my waist under 32 inches (reference to Dr. Oz's book You on A Diet) and I have done both those things as well.

I am encouraged by a fellow Medi-Weightloss member who was on the Today show recently after losing 293 pounds. His name is Jerome and he is blogging at http://feelinglighter.wordpress.com/. He says that he would like to lose the last 7 eventually just to be able to say he literally lost 300 pounds so I know how he feels. I would like to lose the last 3 just to say I am 140 pounds on the nose. That would actually be a 41 pound weight loss since December 29. I know his and my weight loss needs were different than Jerome's but it doesn't matter that I had 40 to lose and he had 300 to lose. It is all relative to one's particular situation. My 40 pounds might as well have been 300 pounds. It was a real challenge for me and it took hard work and determination to lose it just as it did with Jerome. I can't tell you how impressed I am with his determination to lose the weight. Medi-Weightloss is the one that really works. I am sure that once I relax and go on maintenance that the last 3 pounds will come off within the next month anyway as my body adjusts to the changes and I increase my exercise a little bit. I have decided to re-join a gym. I enjoy the structured environment of an exercise class and really like elliptical machines as opposed to walking in the Florida heat that we have looming over us this time of year. I am not disciplined enough to do an exercise program here in the house by myself so I am going to check out a gym that maybe is about 5 minutes from the house. They just acquired another gym's membership that closed so maybe with the extra members some new classes and class times will be added. I'm sure they have Pilates and Yoga so I will be happy with that. I will be back tomorrow with another update.


Oh, and no special reason for the picture...just felt like including it. It is Carrie and I at the Chocolate Gala (Fundraiser for Alvin Dubin Alzheimer Resource Center) May 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment