Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 38 - Amazing Weight Loss Story - Jerome Biggars


Simply anyone who has been a diet no matter how much weight they have to loose feels it is a daunting task. Can you imagine wanting to loose 300 pounds? I read about this amazing gentleman, Jerome Biggars on the Medi Weightloss facebook page. His Blog "Watch Me Lose 300 Pounds", chronicles his journey. He lost the weight and looks great. I think the lesson behind his story is to just make up your mind and do it. Set goals whether it is 10 pounds, 30, pounds, or in my case 40 pounds, you should just do it for your health and well being. I read about Jerome's goals such as running a 10k and becoming a personal trainer and now that he is at goal, I know he will achieve them. While I have not openly set such physical goals (mine have been purely the banal "to look good" and "to be healthy") but in reality I do have some things I would like to do that I don't think I would have wanted to do with the extra 40 pounds on my body. I always thought playing tennis would be a fun. It would be a way of getting exercise and just having fun. Since I'm in Florida, are their any indoor tennis courts with air conditioning? While I know I won't do it competitively, I have been thinking about how to achieve that goal when I get to my goal weight. Another goal is I'd like to teach yoga. I would at least like to study yoga and be able to be more consistent with practicing on my own even if I don't teach.
When I started Medi, 40 pounds to me might as well have been 300 pounds, but seeing Jerome's story really put it in perspective for me. It was the way I felt whenever I heard about any body's tremendous weight loss story on TV. If they could lose 100 pounds, 200 pounds, why can I not get this stinking 30 to 40 pounds off. Those "big losers" had finally found their motivation and found what worked for them. I'm so glad I finally came to that point in my life and will be able to appreciate the hard work I am doing and stay motivated to keep it off. People who need to lose weight have a lot in common no matter how many pounds it is. My 40 pounds is just as important to me as Jerome's 300 pounds is to him. Find the right program for you, no matter how many you have to go through to find it and once you find it, stay focused.
My challenges this weekend will be another baseball tournament Saturday and Sunday and then of course a Super Bowl party. I already have planned what I'm taking to the tournament. I am not going to eat pickles and peanuts for my dinner if we are stuck at the field and cannot leave for dinner this time. I will share what I did with you when I see you back here on Tuesday for my weigh-in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment