Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 57 - Remember to Always "Be Prepared"

What I learned this week...is to be like the famous Scout's motto BE PREPARED. And what is that other saying, "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail." While the week started out well, by the weekend I guess I had planned to fail because I did not prepare for the weekend as far as getting my 2nd shot at the clinic and having food for me to eat in the house. I had not gone grocery shopping so the variety that I usually have was not here and I did not go to the Medi Weightloss Clinic for my 2nd injection for the week and consequently did not get to replenish my supply of the protein shake or protein bars. I use those to mix up my meals a little bit and they are great when I'm busy and on the go don't have time to make a meal. So on Saturday, I was craving things and was wanting to graze and pick because I did not have anything to make a meal with other than chicken breast and who wants a chicken breast for breakfast...yuck. I nibbled on some pancakes that I made Stan and the kids and then nibbled on some pizza later in the day. Not really wanting to eat a whole piece but just kept breaking off pieces of the crust, which may have amounted to a piece in the end. If I would have had my foods, I would not have been even tempted to nibble on anything else. Anyway, bottom line is that I did lose ... it was only 1/2 pound and I guess I should be glad about that. It could have gone up a pound I guess. So in my discussion with Ileney the dietitian today, she said that after 2 months on the plan it is natural to get a little burnt out and not having my supplies in the house made it a lot more difficult for me to cope. Ileney made a plan for me for this week to only eat the 500 calories protein for 3 days to kind of kick start me back on the path to have a bigger drop in my weight next week. Since I am so close to my first goal (30 pounds) that it would be good if I can finally get there and that will motivate me to get to the ultimate goal (40 pounds). She also wants me to exercise a little bit. There's that darn E word again. It keeps haunting me...I just can't get motivated to do anything. Although, I did walk the dog a little bit longer than just down the street and back yesterday...so I will do that again today. I will do what Ileney recommended and be back next week with another progress update.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine the backs of your hands stinging from me smacking them.

    ReplyDelete