Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 43 - Scale Still Going in Right Direction.

It wasn't a big loss this week but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be based on how I felt this week but it was a loss anyway and the scale is still moving in the right direction. There are a couple of reasons for the slow down this week and I have it figured out so I'm hoping for a 3 pound weight loss next week. So what was the result today, 1 pound. Total loss 23 pounds. Nothing to sneeze at for sure. At this point, I am averaging almost 4 pounds a week and I think that is very reasonable. The first thing I think I did wrong was not getting the vitamin B injection at last week's visit. The week before that sucker burned when the nurse gave it to me and I did not like it at all. It had burned before but it was particularly bad that day. So I decided not to get it the next week as it is optional (as with all the medications, shots and supplements) but the vitamin B does cost $10 extra so I thought that I didn't like it because it burned and for an extra $10 maybe it is not worth the burn. I think I may have been wrong. It was not one day later that I started feeling like I was back to my old self on a diet. I was wanting to go rooting in the kitchen for chips, cookies, crackers. I had not felt that way since I started the program and I was mad and confused. I didn't attack the things I was craving but I think I did go over board with my allowed snacks, nuts and turkey pepperoni. In speaking with my brother over the weekend, he asked me, so what is the Vitamin B shot supposed to do for you and I read him the information out of the Medi literature that talks about what it does and he immediately keyed on the fact that it helps keep energy level up. He said that my energy level was low so my body was craving carbs to combat that. He's so smart for a baby brother...I love having him to talk to. The other thing that happened was I could have been PMS. Not to get too personal but after having the hysterectomy (I still have my ovaries) I don't get periods so I don't keep track of my cycles but because of that I don't know when I am cycling. The dietitian today said that my hormone levels could have played a role also. She said maybe that coupled with not having the B shot was a good possibility. And then she said the E word. Exercise. I did not exercise at all this week. I don't know why but I have to really push myself to get motivated to do any thing. It is not like I don't have opportunity. I have a dog, I can walk him for 30 minutes a couple times a week. I have a gym membership. I have the dreaded mini-trampoline that Stan keeps arguing with me about because it doesn't need to be cluttering up "his" garage but I won't get rid of it because I will use it....eventually. The other bad thing that happened was on Sunday, Superbowl Sunday. I was actually taking Steven to Naples for his baseball tournament and knew I was going to be there all day. I planned for the day by bringing 2 Medi Weight-loss Protein Bars so that I could have one for lunch and one for a snack. I didn't know if we were going to be able to leave to get something to eat between games so I was prepared with my bars. I had planned on getting home in time to eat before going over to our neighbors' Super Bowl party. Well the first baseball game went in to extra innings ...fortunately Steven's team won and was going to be playing in the championship game but we had to wait for the 2nd game of the day to be over before that. So we actually did not start the Championship game until about 4:00....That means we left Naples at around 6:00 pm. We drove home 45 minutes got through the door in time to change clothes and freshen up slightly to run over to the Super Bowl Party. Once there and on pretty much an empty stomach, I was not too discriminate with what I ate. While I did not indulge in the breads, potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. I got too many carbs from the sauces in the cocktail wieners and sweet and sour meatballs that I tasted and the Sloppy Joe meat. When I figured it all out I think the total for my day was 41 carbs which is almost twice of the amount of carbs I had been eating a day. So while it was still a loss and I'm so used to it being 3 or 4 pounds a week, I am just feeling okay. But it does really make me want to be sure I do everything right this week. I am planning on exercising at least 3 times this week and see what happens next week. By the way, Steven's team came in 2nd place in the tournament in a game that ended 6-5. It was a good game and he is an amazing catcher. I'll be back later in the week for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment