Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 36 - I FEEL GOOD DADADADADA I KNEW THAT I WOULD DADADADADA


I'm channeling James Brown today after my weigh-in at Medi. because I feel good. So good that I was singing the James Brown song on my way home. Do you want to know why....wait for it...I lost 3.5 pounds this week for a total of 22 pounds! I broke through another 10 pounds. Now the needle on my scale is below 160. I never thought I would ever get it below 170 and now it is below 160. That is just messing with my mind. Not much else to share other than I was told by the dietitian Darlene to make sure when I exercise I don't burn more calories than the protein I'm taking in because then I will start burning muscle and that is not good. I need to keep it a steady mild intensity workout for now and get that 3rd day in this week. Other than that...I'm doing great right on target and averaged about 5 pounds a week. It is nice to hear from a couple of people including Darlene, that I have the right attitude. That is as important as the weight loss for me. I am not only changing my body but I am changing my attitude about food. My brother, Jeff, always told me that you should not live to eat but eat to live. Meaning that food is just sustenance. I think that is true. I have always enjoyed good food and trying out new recipes and going to eat at good restaurants and eating other peoples goo cooking. It was always an event or a celebration for me when I ate. My food now is so much more toned down than it ever was. I am eating just for survival. I have to eat the right amount of protein a day, the nonstarchy vegetables and the fruit to survive. I have learned to like them and look forward to them. The bible says gluttony is a sin...I was a sinner. I was a glutton when it came to food. I said WAS! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying at some point in the future when I have maintained my new weight that I will never indulge in something decadent or savory but right now, I definitely do not seeing myself getting into the bad habits that got me to 180 pounds and kept me there. This is a mid-life crisis moment for me. I am changing my life and I plan on making it stick...at least until I am 80 and then I'm not going to give a crap anymore and just eat what the heck I want. (just kidding)...Have a great week everyone and thanks for following my progress. All your support means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment