Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 34 - Liking my Closet Again

My closet and I have become friends again. It is no longer the black hole that I keep throwing clothes and shoes into. It is not big enough to be an official walk-in closet so I call it a step-in closet and that is when it was not cluttered with stuff all over the floor. Then it was a reach-in closet. I would reach in grab what I needed in a hurry and get out and likewise with hanging stuff up, hurry up stick it on the rack and get out. I didn't really want to face what was in there. Clothes that no longer fit me or looked good on my 180 pound frame hung in that closet and I just couldn't face them. Well, we became friends again. I have been really feeling the weight loss and decided to clean it out the closet so I could step in and really take a look at what was in there. I decided to try on a few things that I haven't worn or haven't worn for a long time and see how they look on me. The very first thing I tried on was a gorgeous black designer top that my brother, Jeff and sister-in-law, Lauren got me for Christmas a few years ago. While it was a size 12, it was neither blousy nor stretchy and I was never able to zip it up comfortably and my bulges showed so obviously I couldn't wear it. When I tried it on yesterday, I didn't have to suck it in and have help zipping it. I zipped it up with ease and really liked how it looked. I almost didn't take it off. That was a really good feeling. I then proceeded to try on a couple of other things that I can move to the front of the closet and start wearing again. There are still a few things that will have to wait maybe another 10 pounds but for now, that is okay and since the are actually so old I may not want to be wearing them but the idea is that I will be able to again. I also got rid of a few things that I know I won't be wearing again...because they are TOO BIG. I dumped them quickly so I wouldn't keep them hanging around the closet because I do not intend to fit in them again. Anything that I have that is of really nice quality that I really like, I will have altered to fit my new frame but there won't be much of that. My self esteem had been so low due to the extra weight that I really didn't pay much attention to what I was buying to wear. I would just buy something just to have something different. It was blousy and oversized so I will not be tempted to keep those.

On a note about my progress, I did get in 2 exercise sessions this week and I have been doing some yoga stretching on my own at home. My first session, I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical machine in interval mode (going up hills and then down flat again) then went again on Saturday and did 50 minutes on the elliptical but I did that one in the cross country mode and that was a workout. I had my heart rate up at a good rate and was really using my muscles when I was climbing the steep hills. I am planning on going to the gym again tomorrow thus getting my third day in for the week (my weeks now start on Tuesday since I started Medi). I plan on at least doing 3 days of exercising next week and increasing the time by 10 minutes and hopefully adding a 4th day. The next week, I will start adding weight lifting to start toning.

Tuesday is weigh-in day and I am hopeful for a very good result. See you back here then.

No comments:

Post a Comment