Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 29 - Four Week Mark

Had my weekly weigh-in after a month on the Medi Weightloss program. The amount of weight I lost this week is not as big has it was in the previous 3 weeks and I expected that somewhat. I knew eventually a slow down was coming and maybe even a plateau after my body got used to the amount of food I was eating and that is why exercise will come in to play now. The weight loss for the week was only 1.1 pounds but I lost a total of 18.5 in 4 weeks.

So this week, my goal is to exercise 30 minutes 3-4 days a week and stick to the program like glue. While meeting with the dietitian today, I was lectured about getting enough protein. Apparently, when she reviewed my daily food log, I was below 500 calories on a majority of the days. I got into a little fear of over eating since I was adding back in vegetables and fruit that I was undercutting my protein portions. The other lecture I got was about drinking enough fluids. Any noncaloric, nonsugary fluid counts just so long as the at least half of it is water. I did get a way from drinking a lot of fluids. That tends to happen when I get busy and I will just remember to keep a bottle of water with me especially when I am in the office working and remember to sip frequently.

Weightloss on the Road
We went away over the weekend for Steven's baseball tournament and while I did not eat off the program per se, I was a little off schedule and away from my usual foods at home. Dinner one night at the ball field consisted of a pickle, peanuts and some turkey pepperoni. While all are allowed on the program, I am not allowed to eat more than 6 small nuts 3 times a week and I know I ate more than that and then I had some more nuts on Sunday. The other bad thing I did was to pick off the cheese and pepperoni of a slice of pizza during the "back at the hotel" pizza party and had a glass of wine while I sat and talked with the other parents. All in all though, I controlled myself and made good choices at the restaurants which consisted of Cracker Barrel for Breakfast, Bahama Breeze and Olive Garden. The Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden would have normally been a carb free for all for me but after almost 4 weeks of being on the program I feel my brain is programmed well enough and it helped me stay on track. I had eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast, a chicken skewer with roasted veggies for lunch and the next day at lunch at the Olive Garden, I had grilled chicken with asparagus and broccoli and told the waitress to put the sauce on the side. It was a sticky sweet apricot glaze. I did taste a little but at least my chicken was not soaking in it. The good news for the trip was that Steven's team won the championship in their division.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about you over this past weekend and wondering how you were doing since you had told us you were going away for the tournament....and now to read the places you ate and still maintained control!!! WOW, now that is really something - Olive Garden would have done me in...love the neverending soup and salad and dont know when to stop!!!! Cindy you are really making life changing changes!!! so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete