Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 9 - Self Sabotage A Thing of the Past

5:56 p.m. Self sabotage...that is something that I have always done to myself with a diet. It is something that you don't think about but every little bite of something is a calorie and has the ability to put weight on or prevent weight loss. I believe now I have the motivation not to sabotage myself while on this program. I know how I had sabotaged myself in the past but don't know really the reason why. Maybe it was that I felt a need that needed to be fulfilled, maybe it was immediate gratification, maybe it was just a weak moment. Whatever it is, I engaged in it more than I care to admit. Every diet I ever tried, I managed to sabotage myself and then moan the fact that I had no weight loss or gained at weigh in time. I think that led to my always giving up on the diet. This time I'm not going to let that happen. This afternoon, I drove through the Mickey D's drive through with Steven after school. We don't do that often but we were crunched for time between school and baseball practice (because of my lack of preparation to have something at the house for him to eat before hand, bad mommy!) and the smell of fries filled the car but you know what, I didn't snitch a one. I was not even tempted. I was shocked at myself about that actually, pleasantly though. On previous diets, I would always snitch a few and think that it was okay because they weren't "my fries" I was just having a couple. That is when I didn't totally submit and order myself a meal along with the kids. Yeesh...guess I was never really that committed before to loosing weight then, was I? The other good thing was that Steven didn't finish his chicken sandwhich and I didn't even given it another look. I will confess to finishing my kids' food in the past. Yes, it is a bad habit a mother gets into when the kids are small and then it is hard to give it up but when I think about that those little portions that I "cleaned up" were a lot of extra calories. So is it any wonder how some mom's put on weight over the years and can't get it off. Now that I think about it, I have done a lot of things over the years to sabotage my weight loss efforts (if you could call them efforts) and that also helped packed the pounds on. This is where I think the Medi Weightloss program is helping me get through these times. Maybe I would be able to resist the fires or finishing the sandwich at first but I think I have would eventually succumb and eat if I didn't have the support of the medication and the supplements, along my resolve to be accountable either to the clinic or here in this blog. The clinic is teaching me how to eat and giving me the support while I work on changing my relationship with food so I don't continue to sabotage myself.

8:30 a.m. Hard boiled eggs (2) 140 calories.
12:30 p.m. Spinach salad with 3 oz of Shrimp and vinaigrette dressing 175 calories.
6:00 p.m. Chicken 4 ounces 140

No comments:

Post a Comment