Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 7 - Staying Strong

9:57 a.m. - I can't believe that I am on the 7th day and I have stuck with it. I can't say it was easy because there has been a gnawing hunger since day one that just kind of stays with you. I believe the medication takes the edge off slightly and that whatever works on the brain that tells you you are hungry but you don't have to eat is working. Whether that is psychological or chemically induced at this point, I really don't care. It is working! I am able to ignore the hunger signals and all the temptations around and that is a good thing and a big step forward for me. The program advises not to weight yourself except for once a week but I have to admit that I have snuck a few peaks at the scale just out of curiosity and even measured my waist but I will hold off on posting anything until the official weigh-in tomorrow at the clinic. I will say that I do feel different in the sense that being off sugar and starchy carbs has made me feel less bloated. Today, will be another test because Christmas break is over and it is back to the daily grind of school, baseball practice and my long weekend is over so I am back to the regular work schedule which was pretty much suspended because of the holidays since I started the program. I'm glad I was able to have that little bit of a head start while things were not so crazy and that will help me stay motivated through the crazy times. I have been typically a "stress eater" and I will employ different coping methods when I get stressed or harried. A regulated sleep schedule will also be implemented as sleep helps in the restorative process and also helps the appetite.

9:15 a.m. Hard boiled eggs (2) 140 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment