Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 15 - Doing A Happy Dance

Just got back from the clinic for my weigh-in and counseling session. With adding the vegetables this week, which added some carbs back to my diet, weight loss was a little slower than the first week.

However, I am proud to report that I lost 5.8 pounds for a total weight loss of 13.8 pounds. I am thrilled because I broke my imagined 170 pound barrier that I have been unable to break for 4 or 5 years.
This week, I can add 1 cup of fruit a day. I was also given a list of snacks from the official list that I can have 3 times a week. I'm supposed to still be having 500 calories of lean protein along with the the 1 cup of vegetables a day that I added last week. Maintaining 20-25 carbs a day is the goal. I have to stay in ketosis so checking that every morning is key. If I add a fruit one day and it throws me out of ketosis when I check the next morning, then I know I have to cut the serving of that fruit back or cut it out entirely. Sticking like glue to the program works. I am following everything to the letter and obviously it is what I need to do. I'm hoping for another 5 pounds next week so I'm off to start another week.

1 comment: