Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 50 - Weight Loss Benefit --- Smaller Clothes

I went up to Belk last night to find an outfit to wear to a luncheon. It was fun to pass up the size 12s and large/x-large clothes. It is nice to be the opposite of the cartoon on the left. I knew based on my current clothes fitting looser that I could go down a size. I picked out some size 10 slacks and medium tops and took them into the dressing room. I would like to say I was surprised that they fit but I wasn't. There was no sucking it in and praying to the clothes gods "please let it fit, please let it fit, please let it fit." There was no exhaling after zipping it up and then to look in the mirror and feel like I am looking like Violet, from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. What you see in the mirror in the dressing room is important and I can definitely say, I had a better image of myself after trying on those clothes than I have in a long time. So while I did not leave the store with anything tangible, I did leave the store satisfied in the fact that I am now a size smaller than I was 7 weeks ago.

Today was weigh-in day at the Medi Weightloss Clinic. I am happy to say that I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total loss of 25.8 pounds. Darlene, the dietitian I met with today was happy with my progress and told me that the weight is just melting off of me. I should just keep doing what I have been doing. So, next week...my prediction will be another 2 pounds. Thanks for the support. I appreciate you good wishes.

3 comments:

  1. Slow and steady, Cindy. That is proving to be successful for you! I'm so happy that you are healthier! That is the important thing, after all! Good job and keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All progress counts and good habits are forming. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROF LOL!!!! heee heeee heeee..your description of the "fitting room" cracked me up!!! so true so true...the "clothes god" should just crack those mirrors!
    What a wonderful sense of accomplishment! So thrilled for you!!! You are over halfway - weight loss will most likely slow down too...a size 10 - that's one of my legs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete