Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 69 - First Goal Achieved

Today is the day I set for my self to get to 150 pounds. It is the day I chose because I am going to see the show Jersey Boys tonight with my mom. If you remember from my first post from December I got the ticket as a Christmas gift and my goal was to lose the weight and wear a really cute outfit in a smaller size to the show. Actually only 2/3 of the goal is achieved. I have lost the weight, I am in a smaller size, but I don't have the cute outfit. Obviously, everything in my closet is too big (I stood in there yesterday trying everything on and I have no pants that fit and none of the tops work for a cool evening). I went shopping yesterday, when I really felt like shopping for clothes, and could not find anything that I liked. I don't know what is about the style this season but the clothes are all hideous colors and patterns that I would never wear. I would have thought I could find something but what I did like was either too casual, too dressy, or too business-like. So what am I doing? Well, I'm running up to another store this morning to find a black pair of slacks to wear with an okay sweater that I have. I don't think I wore the sweater much because it is off white and it did not hide my muffin top. Why I bought it I don't know but at least it is an option for tonight. Maybe I'll see something else I want to wear tonight when I am getting the black pants. The down side of losing weight (if there could be one) is wardrobe in the transition. You don't want to spend money buying clothes as you are losing but at the same time you want to look half way descent. A good problem to have, perhaps, because it is short-lived. I will hopefully post a first goal picture when I take one tonight with my Mom. Can't wait for the show. I'm already singing all the songs it is going to be so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. drum rollllll...puh-lease!!!! wooooo hooooo!!!! I know you are looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow...but to only be less than 3 lbs from goal...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
    really looking forward to pictures from concert!!! and finding out what you ended up wearing!

    ReplyDelete