Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 92- I made Par ...

...on my dress size that is. Well in golf, the lower your score is the better. Another area where a lower number is good is in dress size. I am proud to say that I am now in single digits. I ventured out shopping the other day. With a trip to the "club" with my mom and dad for Easter dinner, I needed a dress to wear. While I was at "Dress Barn" (shopping in Cape Coral is really limited and we are hardly the fashion capital of the world), I saw 2 dressses I liked. One was good for Easter dinner and the other would be perfect for an event we have coming up in May. I picked a size 8 in the floral dress for Easter and tried it on and it fit nicely. Unfortuantely, the one I liked for the other event was not available in an 8 but they had a 6. I thought, well it may not fit now but it might in another month when have reached my goal of losing 40 pounds of which I have 5 more to go. I tried the size 6 on and it fit. It is just so awesome to pick out clothes in a smaller size. What was even nicer was when I asked the sales associate if she had a little jacket to wear over one of the dresses, she said well we only have larges left and that would be too big for you...I felt like a gong went off in my head....someone said a large would be too big for me. Having always looked at size L and XL clothes for so long it was nice to hear someone say it that size would be too big for me.

This week, I lost 1/2 pound. I think it was because I had a couple of days where I might have snacked a little too much (on approved items only) and my walking had petered out toward the end of the week because work got heavy. I think the other thing that was happening was my "time of the month." I am not upset and know that I will have a loss next week. Illeny the dietitian suggested that I stick strictly to the plan and eliminate the snacks and make sure I get my walking in. She was very encouraging and we had a great conversation. I expressed a little concern about what happens after I reach goal and that I am a little apprehensive about reaching goal and getting to maintenance. I am afraid that once I'm off the medication, shots, etc. that I will go to bed one night and wake up and all the fat will be back. She said the only way that will happen is if I put the food in my mouth. She broke down the steps after I go on maintenance and wrote it down on a post-it note for me to take and I felt a little better. I will be fine. I can't go back to that old size...I like my new dresses to much to not have them fit any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment