Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I think the walking did it. I finally engaged in the "E" word regularly and it really helped with the weight loss this week I believe. It actually was not too painful and the weather has been perfect. With the help of our dog Bandit and my new Droid phone, which now carries an app so I can listen to music and/or my favorite radio talk show, I was able to walk in 30-40 minutes sessions over the weekend. So, how did I do today with my weigh-in....well, I am down another 2.5 pounds for a total of 32 pounds. I put that in big font because I broke another 10 pound barrier. It still feels so good to see the scale move. The nurse also measured my waist today and it is down ----here's another big font -- 5 inches. I am starting week 12 and still have the momentum but Yancy, the dietitian and I talked about cravings as I am getting chocolate cravings and did indulge slightly with chocolate covered almonds this past weekend. I monitored my intake and controlled myself and I did do the exercise to help offset any extra calories or carbs. Yancy gave me a tip to get some Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate. It is only 25 calories and 4 carbs and I can add a little Cool Whip Free. It is not something I will make a habit of because it defeats the purpose of getting off sweets but once in a while when those female monthly cravings hit, it is a very safe alternative to indulging in any other kind of chocolate and blowing what I got going. (ha, I'm a poet and I don't know it).

The psychological aspect of what is going on right now is that even my pajamas are to big for me. Weird thing to thing about but I'm going to have to get some PJs in a smaller size. It is just amazing to me to get dressed and have my clothes hanging on me. I'm still dealing with that. That...and the fact that I don't think my weight has been below 150 since before I got pregnant with Carrie (17 or so years ago). WOW. That just blows my mind. So, I'm not clothes shopping yet seriously yet but I'm already thinking about an Easter dress and a dress for an annual fund raiser we go to, which is on May 1 (uh huh, that's my birthday). Looking forward getting off the Acute Weight Loss phase and on to the Short-Term Maintenance phase of the program, which will hopefully be around the 1st or 2nd week of April as I have 8 pounds to go now!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I am so proud of you! You are doing an amazing thing for yourself and that is so inspirational! Kudos, Cindy! And, hey, call me when you have those cravings and I'll talk you "down"...LOL!! All you would have to see is a pic of me and you will put down chocolate and every other thing! Stay focused and keep it up! I can't wait to see the outfits and pics! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete