Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 85 - Happiness and Satisfaction

Okay, it is Tuesday and time for another blog post about my weight...Are you guys getting bored of these yet. I'm not bored of them I'm just trying to figure out what to make this week's post about. I am happy that I am almost to goal and happy that Yancy, the dietitian I met with today told me I needed to get smaller clothes...I am happy that I have all the barriers to being a healthy weight licked....so I guess the theme for this week post is being happy. I'm just so doggone happy! In speaking with my mom today, who knows me all to well, told me today that I finally have the right mind set this time. And that really is all it takes is having the right mind set. Maybe that is why I am so happy. Because I realize that I can tackle a major challenge and be victorious. I think really the only time I tackled this sort of challenge with this much satisfaction at the end is getting Bachelors degree. I was never a kid who liked school. I was there just for the social aspect of it ever since I was a little kid. I liked seeing my friends and looked forward to recess and between classes to be able to socialize with them. In elementary school my best friend who lived on the corner and I liked to be dropped off a few blocks before school so that we could walk to school with our friends who lived closer to the school. In middle school, I loved when it was time to change classes so I would have a few minutes to chat with a friend or flirt with a boy. In high school, there was lunch, and between classes at the lockers gossiping and flirting. I just used to love to hear that bell ring because it meant it was time for Cindy to socialize. It was almost the same in college. I loved to socialize then too but I did get a little more serious about my studies and worked hard. Once I got close to getting my AA degree from the community college, I had decided I wanted to go on to get a BA. So I worked hard for that too. To go from a person who hated school to a person with a college degree it was a push for me and every little victory (passing an exam, finishing a paper, or getting an A in a class) was filled with so much satisfaction and spurred me on to the next goal. I hate that I had to get to 181 pounds and have to work hard at losing it to feel that satisfaction again but I guess that is what happens in life. So where am I this week...after 12 weeks, I lost another 2 pounds this week for a total of 34 pounds. Six more pounds to go. The success this week is compounded because it was actually 2 pounds of fat. They can tell that by that magical computer scale that I stand on. It gives what percentage of your weight is fat, water, etc. My fat lb number was down the 2 pounds. My total fat weight is down 30 pounds. When I started my fat mass weight 79.2 pounds and today it is 49.5 pounds. I'm so close to goal and I am so ready to go on maintenance --- mainly because I'm tired of paying them every week now, nah I'm just ready to start living my life as a normal, THIN, person. Well, the money spent on the program can now start going to a new wardrobe....so...shopping will make me happy and therefore weight loss makes me happy and satisfied. Have a happy day.

2 comments:

  1. Be Happy, GF! you have stayed on goal and sooooo close! couldnt be happier for you! looking forward to seeing your new pics at goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cindy! You make me happy just reading this! I am so happy for you! Your Mom must be one awesome and proud lady! I can't imagine the joy you feel now! But I will someday! You are my hero and my inspiration! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete